Tuesday 3 May 2011

It is better to practice a little than talk a lot


Talk is cheap. Well, that’s what they say. If you look very close at this statement, it means that talking will hardly make you a fortune but practising will get you somewhere, yah!! People make mistakes and mistakes can be rectified, but if you don’t implement how are you going to know where you go wrong? So my suggestion would be talk a little rather and practice a lot because practice makes perfect.
I fully agree with this. It is better to practise a little than talk a lot. I mean if you think of it, talking might help but there is always something to talk about, and if you want things done you better start acting. Talking a lot doesn’t get things done. It, however, prolongs the process of practising things.

Something just crossed my mind; I know someone who has a business vision, he is a business-minded. Everyday she comes up with new business idea(s), magnificent plans and she goes on and on telling potential people about her plans, virtually everyday. She invites some to collaborate with but the thing is she never gets any of her ideas into practice. We’re are now on the sixth month of the year, and running her own company was on top of her New Year’s resolutions, she has not registered any to date. Not that I make fun of her but I mean if she can get her acts together and start practicing, I’m sure things will page up.

No matter how little you practices but it is a step towards something, I believe that baby steps can get you somewhere, no matter how small they are but you’ll reach your dreams. It takes time anyway to achieve your dreams. Yet talking a lot will just consume your time immensely. After all, it is better to practice a little than talk a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment