Friday 11 November 2011

Don’t get it twisted

I am a good writer, but I'm also generally lazy and my ineptitude for timely updates is well-known. Don't get it twisted, though; I love blogging. Overall, I follow one rule to writing a sufficiently readable blog post: sit down and open Namhlalicious. And truth be known, I enjoy committing near-suicides online. I like providing a little too much TMI. To help me do that on a more regular basis, go to www.namhlalicious.blogspot.com my blog.  I'm going to start blogging at work.  Full-time work has lent itself to moments of "I want to bludgeon myself with a nunchuck" sentiments. It is at once mindnumbing and...fulfilling? I'm not sure that is the right word, but I like waking up for a purpose. The job is not one I thought I would be holding at 24-years old (apparently, pirate queen of the free world is not a healthy nor realisic goal), but it is one that get me going in the mornings.

I'm appreciative, to say the least, because in our still failing economic time I'm lucky enough to hold a steady job. I didn't always feel this way. The other day, a thirty+ year-old Stanford graduate came in the office to apply for a nonpaying internship. If a over-qualified man has resigned to work for a 24-year old punk like me, I can at least appreciate my"dire" circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment